Saturday, August 6, 2011

Drawn

Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.  Luke 12:27

One morning last week, I was looking around the house trying to locate Christian.  I wanted to let the kids know I was running out to the garden for a minute.  In the early morning, the squash and pumpkin blossoms open wide and bright.  I just had to go out for a closer look.


It turns out that Christian had the same idea.  When I went out to our tiny pumkin patch, I found him barefoot in his pajamas crouched down among the blossoms watching the bees doing their work.


Pumpkin blossoms as big as my hand, their radiance stunning in the soft morning light and shadows. 




1 comment:

  1. That is stunning! I don't think I realized pumpkins were such pretty flowers before they were fruit.

    ReplyDelete